By Neil Garnichaud, CTO
Message from our CTO
In this current environment, we are seeing more medical offices make the transition to telemedicine along with virtual patient care and embrace cloud-based technology to solve the challenges associated with the new normal. Through iAssist, we have deployed broad access to a therapy initiation platform that supports this new paradigm and ensures access to patient therapy and support. We are working to further educate healthcare providers and their support staff on best practices and technologies to minimize disruption to patients and empower virtual care.
iAssist delivers comprehensive, real-time automation to get patients on therapy quickly from any connected device. It means immediate access to a patient’s coverage, improved price transparency and the right prior authorization information in near real time. It means informed e-prescribing and enrollment in patient support services and visibility through the process that allows patient status tracking and proactive support and follow up.
In addition, we stand ready to support the likely increased need in patient assistance programs due to the economic downturn. With unprecedented unemployment rates, payer availability issues and the overall strain on the benefits claims process, we have the capabilities to rapidly scale and support the dire need for these patient assistance programs. This underscores the importance technology plays in rapid deployment and enablement of access and patient support solutions.
The good news is that we constantly listen to our healthcare provider customers and use those interactions to create enhancements to the iAssist platform. An iAssist 2.0 update—due out in early Q4 of 2020—will deliver additional capabilities for healthcare providers, remote workers and large health systems alike. Some of the enhancements you can expect include:
- – Enhanced features including the addition of price transparency tools, providing estimated patient medication costs and out-of-pocket expense options as well as copay and other financial services available.
- – A further simplified next generation on-screen user experience.
- – Enhanced visualization to spotlight the many e-support services available to the user in the application.
- – Reduced data entry with pre-populated fields as data becomes available.
- – Guided steps and call outs within the solution to further speed the process.
- – Additional Help Center tutorials and new user materials.
- – Continued data integration to further enhance our Advanced Benefit Verification solutions.
- – Continued additions and integrations with copay and patient assistance programs as well as ability to spotlight those patient support services early in the process.
- – Development of iAssist widgets providing various e-support services capabilities to embed within other solutions upon request.
As the world pivots to remote working conditions and telemedicine, be assured that we will continue to invest in solutions that enhance remote communication practices while maintaining the highest level of security and compliance standards.
Look for additional information on the new solutions and capabilities launching with iAssist 2.0 in the near future.